Sunday, February 21, 2010

Soul Meets Body ~ Melacacia Custom #61

This doll set was inspired by "Death Cab for Cutie" and Stephenie Meyer...

The idea came to me when I was listening to my favorite CD, "Plans" by Death Cab for Cutie... The song, "Soul Meets Body" was on while I was sewing and I was thinking about how much the lyrics to that song go with the story of "The Host" written by Stephenie Meyer... The main character (the Host) is named Melanie (nice name ;) and her body is taken over by an alien soul named Wanderer (Wanda). I don't want to say more than that, in case you have not read the book and want to, but these two dolls are roughly based on these characters.

I loved that book and I love Death Cab for Cutie, so I went ahead and created my own version of those two things combined in the form of Blythe Dolls :)

Photobucket

I made a slide show of her images to the song "Soul Meets Body", but I do not want to infringe on any copyright laws, so I don't want to post it anywhere publicly...

I will be listing her tomorrow, most likely :)

Photobucket

No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme